Placing an Order to Buy Cryptocurrency in New Zealand Through BitPrime (scroll down for selling)
There are a few steps required before placing an order to buy crypto from BitPrime.
Firstly, you’ll need to verify your ID with us if you haven’t already done so.
Secondly, a wallet is required to store the cryptocurrency. What wallet you use will depend on the cryptocurrency you are planning to purchase.
If you are unsure about a suitable wallet, please contact us, and we will happily point you in the right direction. We also have a Beginner’s Guide to Cryptocurrency Wallets that you may find useful. ?
Once verification is complete, and a suitable wallet has been set up, you are ready to place an order.
The instructions below will take you through the ordering process step-by-step.
Step by Step Guide on Placing an Order with BitPrime to Buy or Sell Cryptocurrency
- Visit the “All Coins” page, which shows all of the cryptocurrencies we have listed and available for you to buy or sell immediately at the touch of a button. Scroll and click “Add to Cart” to select the desired currency, or type the name or ticker in the search box to bring it up.Hint: If you can’t find the particular coin you are after, please request it here by filling out a custom quote form.
- Enter the amount of coin you would like to purchase or enter the desired NZD amount you wish to spend. You only need to fill out one of these fields. The other will automatically adjust based on your input.
- Copy and paste your wallet address into the “Wallet Address Required” field. Ensure the address is copied and pasted to avoid typing it, which can lead to human error. If you enter the wrong wallet address and coins are sent to it there may be no way to retrieve them – crypto transactions are irreversible. You will find your wallet address in your wallet app, as previously mentioned. While specific instructions may vary, usually you see this address by clicking on a button called “Receive” or “Deposit”. If you get stuck, check out one of our detailed cryptocurrency wallet guides or ask us for help.
- Click the red “Confirm Wallet” button to continue. A pop-up window will appear asking that you confirm the wallet address you entered. We recommend matching the first and last four or five characters with the address displayed in your wallet. Don’t skip this step; it’s better to be safe than sorry!
- You can now continue shopping if you’d like to purchase other coins or you can proceed to pay for your order. If you scroll down in your cart, you’ll find the option to select which bank you are paying from and whether you wish to pay with POLi, Account2Account or by a manual bank transfer. I’m paying with POLi this time because it’s quick and easy. Make sure you read and agree to our terms and conditions (if you click on the words “terms & conditions” this page will open for you) and tick the box to confirm you have done so. Another pop up will ask you to confirm you’re paying from your own bank account and not buying for someone else. Third-party payments are considered as any payment coming from a bank account of which you are not a named signatory. We cannot, under any circumstances, accept payments from your spouse/relative/friend’s bank account – they need to verify with us themselves.
- After accepting the terms and conditions of ordering, click the blue “Place Order” button to be prompted to confirm the security of your account, and then click “Place Order” again.
- You’ll now be redirected to pay securely via POLi, Account2Account, or you’ll see a page with our bank details displayed, depending on the payment method you selected above.
POLi – Follow the on-screen instructions from POLi, which will guide you through the process with your internet banking.
Account2Account – Follow the on-screen instructions from Account2Account, which will guide you through the process with your internet banking.
Direct bank transfer – Payment instructions, showing our bank account name and number for the deposit and the reference number for you to use is displayed. You now log into your online banking, or visit the bank, and deposit the NZD into our account using the reference provided. Then, back on our website, confirm you have done so by clicking “Yes, I have Paid” which is displayed under our payment instructions. Once your payment has cleared into our account, we will transfer the cryptocurrency to your wallet address. This timeframe is dependent on the bank’s processing times. We do not send coins before receiving payment.
Placing an Order to Sell Cryptocurrency in New Zealand Through BitPrime
Once again, you need a verified account with us to sell your crypto. Then, from the All Coins page, search for the coin you’re looking to sell. Press the Sell button, and a pop-up box will appear.
Hint: If you can’t find the coin you are after, please request to sell it here by filling out a custom request form.
Enter the amount of the coin you wish to sell then hit the blue button.
These requests are processed automatically, and we’ll email you a quote with instructions included.
If you accept the quote, simply send the coins to our wallet address (visible once the quote is accepted) and email us the transaction ID (tx I.D) once you have it. If you don’t know what this is, see this guide on transaction IDs.
When we receive the coins in our wallet, we then send the NZD amount quoted to your chosen New Zealand bank account within 24 business hours of receiving the coins. Please note, these funds may not clear into your account until the following business day due to bank processing times.
If you’re simply interested in the current price we are paying for your crypto asset, you can also see that from the All Coins page directly underneath the Sell column.
Should you run into any issues with buying or selling crypto, please email us at email@example.com, and we’ll be happy to assist.