Register with BitPrime
Firstly, to apply to open an account with BitPrime, you need to register as a website user. To do this, click on the sign-up/verify tab in the top right corner of the site.
Next, enter your name, email address and password in the specified fields. Lastly, click Submit.
Please remember to use a strong password that is unique to this site – this is for your own security. If you have trouble remembering passwords, you can always look at using a password manager such as Dashlane or LastPass.
Note – You will not be able to place an order by creating a website user account only. You are required to verify your ID (as per the steps below) and have your application approved before being able to place an order.
What you will need to verify your ID
As a financial service provider following strict AML/CFT obligations, we require you to verify your ID biometrically as part of your account application. Make sure you have the following on hand before continuing:
- Bank statement (full page PDF preferred – if a bank statement isn’t provided as proof of your bank details, your application will be delayed until one is received).
- Photo ID (to see what types of IDs we accept please see our FAQ section on our website).
- A mobile phone with a front and rear camera and capable of receiving an SMS and browsing the internet – no exceptions.
- 5-10 mins to complete your application. Note that you must complete your application in one go; you can’t save progress and return to complete it later.
If you breach our terms, your account will be suspended indefinitely and, if necessary, your details will be passed on to the relevant authorities.
Read through and check that BitPrime is the right trader for you:
- No cash deposits.
- No third party payments.
- No international wire transfers – New Zealand domestic bank transfers only.
- Must have an active New Zealand bank account.
- Be an NZ citizen, permanent resident, or have a long-term working visa or business interests in NZ.
- Be able to complete the verification process online. Verification in person is not an option.
Click on the “Getting Started” button on our home page and select “Step 2. Verify your ID”, or if you have just finished registering, read through the information displayed.
Tick the boxes to confirm you have read, understood and agree to our conditions (please don’t skip this step; it’s there for a crucial reason).
Answer the first three questions to confirm the type of ID you are using and the account type you are applying for. Once again, please do so carefully as if you answer the questions incorrectly your application processing will be delayed.
As you fill out the form, further questions will appear; when no more appear, press “Next” to continue.
You will be prompted to upload your bank statement and provide any other documents or comments to support your application.
Then, you will receive an SMS link to continue with the biometric ID check. This ID check MUST be successfully completed for you to be granted an account with us.
Once you have submitted the application form and required documents, we will contact you to confirm when your application has been fully processed.
Once we confirm that your application is approved and your account is open, you will be able to place an order.
Filling out the verification form does not automatically guarantee you an account with BitPrime. A customer account and the associated transaction limit is approved at our discretion.
If you have any issues or questions regarding registration or the verification process, please contact us.
If your problem relates explicitly to the biometric ID part of the application you can call the APLY technical support team using the phone received in the SMS sent to you.