Why is my Ethereum balance incorrect?
Occasionally some wallets can have issues receiving Ethereum, showing the correct Ethereum balance, or showing the received or sent Ethereum transaction. These issues generally stem from the increased use of multi-sig wallets, which are wallets involving the ‘signature’ or approval of a transaction from multiple parties, rather than a singular party. BitPrime uses a multi-sig wallet to send the majority of coins to customers, which can result in some customers experiencing some of these issues. This article will cover a number of the issues that you may experience depending on the wallet you are using, and how to resolve them.
Ledger Nano S, Trezor and Jaxx users
The Ledger Nano S, Trezor and Jaxx wallet will receive Ethereum sent from a multi-sig wallet without any issues. This means the balance will be correct. However, the transaction will not show up in under ‘transaction history’ or ‘last operations.’ If you would like to view or confirm the transaction please follow the steps below.
1. Firstly, go to the Ethereum blockchain explorer Ether-Scan
2. Secondly, copy your Ethereum wallet address and paste it into the search bar in the top right corner (see screenshot below)
3. This page shows the wallet balance and most transactions that have come and gone from your Ethereum wallet. You will notice that the transaction you are looking for will not be displayed here. The displayed transactions are those sent and received from single-signature wallets. To view transactions made from multi-sig wallets click on ‘internal transactions,’ shown in the screenshot below.
4. The Internal Transactions section will show all multi-sig transactions going in and out of your wallet. If the desired transaction is displayed you can confirm the Ethereum is in your wallet, if not, it is likely there was an issue with the transaction. In this case, contact us via LiveChat or email.
5. Lastly, to view the transaction in full, click on the ‘parentTXHash’ found in the bottom left corner (see screenshot below). This will show all information regarding the transaction, including block height, confirmations, timestamp, GAS used and transaction ID.
The Exodus wallet receives Ethereum sent from multi-sig wallets without any issues. The Exodus Ethereum balance should be correct and the transaction can be found under the Ethereum wallet (see screenshot below). If your Ethereum balance is incorrect please see follow the instructions in this article.
If you have any issues regarding receiving or sending Ethereum please contact us via LiveChat or email.